Please note: the person who occupies this position will be employed by Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital, located in Boscobel, WI. (see details below)
The Physical Therapist is responsible for evaluations and treatment of a wide variety of musculoskeletal and neurological conditions upon referral by a physician. Therapy treatments are directed to reduce pain, improve body mobility, increase body functions, and build personal independence. Supervises physical therapist assistant and support staff in the accomplishment of these duties.
- Performs initial patient examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and prognosis, interpret referrals, develop and revise as appropriate a written patient treatment plan and program for each patient, and create and maintain a patient record for every patient the physical therapist treats.
- Provide on-site assessment and reevaluation of each patient’s treatment at a minimum of one time per calendar month or every tenth treatment day, whichever is sooner, and adjust the treatment plan as appropriate.
- Direct licensed personnel to provide appropriate patient related tasks consistent with the education, training, and experience of the person supervised. Direction should list specific patient related tasks, including dosage, magnitude, repetitions, settings, length of time, and any other parameters necessary for the performance of the patient related tasks.
- Physical therapists shall ensure that documentation and billing for their interventions accurately reflects the nature and extent of the services provided. Patient documentation is done in a thorough and timely manner in accordance with departmental policy.
- Appears well-groomed, observes the facility dress code, and wears name badge at all times.
- Gives periodic in-services to staff in the department and within the facility.
- Maintains CPR certification as recommended by American Heart Association.
- During the licensure period will complete a minimum of 30 continuing education units.
- Follows proper guest relations at all times.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy
- A license to practice Physical Therapy in the state of Wisconsin and a state of Wisconsin - Department of Public Instruction license is required if working in school system
- Valid Driver’s License required, Wisconsin driver’s license preferred.
To apply: https://secure.gundersenhealth.org/boscobel/employment/