Surgical Tech, Boscobel, WI
||M-F with on-call requirements
Please note: the person who occupies this position will be employed by Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital, located in Boscobel, WI. (See details below)
Is responsible to serve our customers. Assists the physician or nurse in giving patient care to those patients requiring surgical procedures during the operative and the immediate post-operative recovery phase. Responsible for preparation of the operating room and instruments for surgical procedures and helps with transport of patients to and from the surgical site. Does not supervise others but makes decisions regarding the appropriateness of instruments during surgery and the ordering of supplies.
- Annually completes a minimum of 10 CEU’s, is enrolled in a formal degree program, or obtains/maintains a certification.
- Is involved in, at a minimum, one taskforce or committee annually.
- Volunteers to review at least one policy annually using evidence based knowledge.
- Works efficiently as evidenced by starting and ending shift on time 75% of the time.
- Participates in peer evaluation when requested.
- Functions appropriately as a member of the surgical team, under the direction of the circulating nurse, CRNA, and surgeon.
- Follows dress code policy when staffing or representing the facility at an out of facility event or internal meeting.
- Is committed to individual performance improvement as evidenced by reviewing individual scorecard and identifying opportunities for improvement, developing an annual plan with nurse manager, and meeting or exceeding that plan.
- Graduation from an accredited school for Surgical Technology
- Previous experience preferred, but not required.
- CPR certified.
M-F with call requirements
To apply: https://secure.gundersenhealth.org/boscobel/employment/
|Surgical Tech, Boscobel, WI
Equal Opportunity Employer