Please note: The person who occupies this position will be employed by Gundersen St. Joseph's, located in Hillsboro, WI. (See details below)
Use nursing skills to plan, organize, and deliver care to patients in the Specialty Clinic outpatient setting focusing on providing wound care. Will also assist with other nursing duties as needed.
This position will work approximately 8 hours per week in the Family Medicine Clinic providing medication management to behavioral health patients.
- Uses knowledge of physiology to perform an independent assessment, analyze information, monitor, detect and anticipate early and subtle health status changes.
- Explores the patients understanding and knowledge of current health status
- Develops, contributes to and coordinates the Patient's Plan of Care with problem recognition and goalsetting based on synthesis of information obtained in initial and ongoing assessment.
- Collaborates with patient and family to prioritize patient problems and goals.
- Provides direct patient care, assists with activities of daily living (ADLs), and coordinates and administers prescribed treatment while encouraging self-care.
- Observes and reports significant symptoms or changes in patient status to the appropriate team member.
- The RN accurately documents assessment, planning, interventions, evaluation of patient responses, and patient education using the electronic record, paper documentation, and unit specific applications as appropriate.
- Provides evidence through documentation that all the data entries from the care team have been evaluated.
- Determines data to be collected to evaluate outcome of care.
- Evaluates, compares and interprets ambiguous and changing patient data.
- Current WI RN licensure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Wound Care certification preferred
- Must be able to obtain Wound Care certification
Day shift, regular clinic hours
To apply: https://secure.gundersenhealth.org/st-josephs/employment/